Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lancaster & the Strasburg Rail Road

Last weekend we went out to Lancaster, Pennsylvania and rode the Strasburg Railroad. It was a fun little excursion and probably the farthest we've ventured outside of our immediate area in the last two weeks. The Lancaster area is unbelievably beautiful - there are green rolling hills in every direction and picturesque farms with tall silos and rows and rows of green corn stalks.







The railroad was pretty exciting too. Mia loved seeing the train and loves to sing, "All aboard the choo choo train."





It was neat to see the guy shoveling coal into the furnace. I thought it was hot from where I was standing on the pltaform, I can't imagine that guy standing next to a fiery furnace all summer long...



3 comments:

Harrison's said...

It looks like you guys are having fun exploring new places. Hope the move went well.

Darcy said...

What a fun trip! Kids just love trains.

Patrick and Crystal said...

That is so beautiful! You are so lucky to live in such a pretty place. It's pretty ugly here. PS~ I like the new look of the blog!