Monday, June 30, 2008

Goodbye Utah & Hello Philly

After all the entires yesterday, I got tired before I finished the last one. Here are some pictures of us saying goodbye to our friends in Utah and saying hello to our new home in Philly. (For some reason I keep resisting calling Philadelphia "Philly" because it seems like a term only the "locals" should use. And I definitely don't feel like a local yet!)

This is a classic picture of "the girls". These are Mia's first Best Friends. Deon is on the left, Mia is in the middle, and Hailey is on the right. For the last few days whenever I say anything about friends, home, or nursery Mia perks right up and says "Deon? Hailey?"



They always have a good time.



They look like they need some trouble here...



And they found it in the form of ice cubes.



During the move, Mia thought it was exciting when suddenly all the things that she could never reach were within her grasp. Here she is kissing herself in a mirror.



I didn't want to take her back into our place after everything was packed up, but we ended up doing it anyway. The first thing she said when we walked in was "where toys go?"



Here's a look at our new place. I'd like to say that the whole thing is ours, but there are actually four different 2-bedroom apartment units within the building.



The view is pretty nice - lots of green.

6 comments:

Patrick and Crystal said...

Steph that looks beautiful! It must be exciting starting your new adventure over there. When you get all unpacked and settled you'll have to email me and tell me all about it!

Michelle said...

I teared up seeing those pics of our girls together! It is soo sad to me that we are all moving on. We have renters officially now and are gone Aug.2nd. I was so glad to see pics of the house, it looks so cute! Keep us posted with how thigns are going, we sure do miss you! We have a blog now too, it is dmjamison.blogspot.com. We hope to keep it updated to see each others happenings!

Chelsea said...

You have been a blogging fool since last I checked! Your new place looks fabulous. I'm super jealous. PG is no comparison.

The Giffs said...

Wow Steph! What a place! It looks great. I bet you will love how green it is out there. If you ever get bored, lonely, paranoid, anxious, anything feel free to call.

Darcy said...

WOW. Green is definitely something you are not used to! Nice looking place. Oh yeah, regarding roller coasters- it's definitely having kids that messes us up in that respect!

Kara said...

I love how Mia is sticking out her tongue in that first pic. Looks like you guys stick out your tongues a lot. :) Philadelphia is so far away! If you ever have a long layover in Chicago on your way to visit family, let me know and we'll hang out.