
(Mia showing off some art work. It's actually a belated birthday card for her Cousin Makayla. Happy First Birthday!)
Lately I've been thinking about all of my favorite funny Mia-isms. So I thought I would share a few:
1. Mia loves to point out school buses. For some reason, though, her phrase "yellow school bus" sounds just like "yellow goose bus".
2. While we waited for the movers to deliver our home, we lived in a furnished apartment. The place had two bedrooms each with a king sized bed (nice huh?). So our sweet Mia got a king sized bed all to herself. Naturally, I started calling it her princess bed. Mia picked right up on that and started calling it her princess bed and the apartment her princess house. The only catch was that her "princess" sounded like "pissing". So it was her "pissing bed" and her "pissing house". heeheehee

3. She used to call her pink blanket her "bice". It has since been shortened to "bi." She tries to sneak her "bi" with her where ever she goes. I try to contain it within a 10 feet radius of her bedroom.
4. Here's a good one. She has developed a collection of the Cars cars. Some how she has three Ramone cars. I don't really remember buying any Ramone cars, so I'm pretty sure she swiped at least one or two of them from Ethan. But if you ask her about it, she'll tell you "I have it three moans."
5. I bought her one of those foamy pool toys at the dollar store. She calls it her "yellow pool noonel". (noodle)
6. I've heard of other kids doing this one - when she wants me to hold her she says "mommy holdjew mia". I'm pretty sure that comes from me asking "do you want me to hold you?"
7. Last but not least, we have a bath time tradition in our house that Mia adores. After her bath, I usually wrap Mia up in a towel and I call her my Mia burrito. After she's wrapped up we usually go find Dad and I say too loudly, "Dad, look what I've got. I've got a Mia burrito." That's Ryan's cue to chase us around the house and try to steal my burrito. Mia loves this, and as soon as she's done playing in the tub she says, "Mia beeto. Mommy holdjew Mia, Daddy chase-a Mia?" :)
9 comments:
I love cute little things kids do!
She is so funny! I love how these kiddos talk right now, especially when you can understand everything (or almost everything) but a lot of other people don't have a clue and you get to interpret everything. She is a doll!
Love the Mia burrito! You are so clever Steph.
That's hilarious! I love all of the memories that kids create. I'm glad you're having fun. We miss living near you!
That is too cute! Mia is so adorable.
Holy cow! She's so much bigger than the last time we saw her and it wasn't that long ago. Super cute!
so cute! I am glad you 3 are doing so well and sad I never got to see you in UT, we are in Calipatria, CA--it's hot but nice! I've unpacked most of our stuff but moving is sure a lot of work :)
Holy Cow! I'm so glad you found me! I haven't talked to you in forever. I had no idea you had a baby. She is sooo cute!
Oh my goodness that was the cutest post! You have for sure got to save those somewhere you can tell her about them when she is older! You are so stinkin' creative, I am going to steal some of your ideas, like the Mia burrito. When Hailey got out of the bath tonight I was thinking about what we could do that would be fun jsut like you, but nothing! So, you are my inspiration to do more interesting, creative things in everyday life. Man, I miss you!
Post a Comment