Saturday, January 24, 2009

A funny conversation

We were driving to Target tonight to buy tissues, princess band aids, and Neosporin. Mia is sick - and the poor girl's nose has been running non-stop and her face has about been rubbed off! On the way to the store we had a funny conversation:

Mia: I want a pet to live in the house.
Mom & Dad: A pet?
Mia: I want a cat, like Grandma Haws.
Mom: But Dad is allergic to cats.
Mia: I'm not alergenic to cats.
Mom: If you can get Dad to say it's ok, you can get one.
Mia: Dad, say yes.
Dad: If you can find a microfiber, hypoallergenic cat, we'll get one.
Mia: I would feed the cat and it would sleep in the garage.

And later:
Mom: What color cat would you want?
Mia: Blue
Mom: How many legs would it have?
Mia: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11,14

4 comments:

Belle said...

No fun-I believe those hairless Spinx cats don't cause allergies, but they don't come in blue, with caterpillar legs, and there not so cute :) Sometimes vasaline helps the nose/face not get so irritated-especially overnight. We are thrilled to be online and see your blog again:)

Candace said...

Please please please can I come to your house and see your blue 14 legged cat?! Mia is way too smart I swear! I don't think Ethan talks as well as she does.....these days his main form of communication is humming the Darth Vader song from Star Wars---I am not joking he does it all day

Michelle said...

It is no wonder she is so smart, listening to the things her daddy tells her! Dave and I really got a kick out of this! Oh how we miss your family!

Erica Allen said...

You need a Mr. Bigglesworth. (Austin Powers) Well, she can have Ricky!! Not that I'm really giving him away, Deon would be too sad. But the darn cat drives me nuts sometimes! He always sneeks into Blakes room while I check on him in his sleep. And I swear he starts chasing imaginary mice and makes all sorts of noise that wakes up Blake in the process. :) But really, I'd love to see you guys get a cat!!