Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My First Post

This is my first blog posting...I guess the mystery is gone for those of you who wondered whether it was Stephanie, Me, or Mia, who did all the Posting on behalf of our family. Well about a week and a half ago, my Grandpa Pace passed away. So I cashed in some Skymiles and went out to Lehi, UT for about 30 hours to attend the funeral. It was good to see the family, although I wish Stephanie and Mia could have joined me.

Heres a picture of myself and the other grandsons as pallbearers.




With all the flying I've been doing over the last 14 months I thought it would be fun to put together a map of all my flights. So check out my newly created flight map. I used a website called OpenFlights.org which tells me I have spent over 5 days on an airplane and I've flown about 22% of the way to the moon...all in the last year! I have been on the daily SLC-PHL flight so many times that it has become almost easy (Thats why the line on the map there is so thick). Although i don't like traveling so much, don't feel bad for me as it does have its perks. Last week when I arrived for the funeral, I rented a car and got a nice little upgrade (See the photo below).



You can see the full detailed map at: http://openflights.org/user/rpace



All the lakes and ponds have frozen over with the cold weather...if your lucky, you might get another post after I get out and play some hockey on them!!

3 comments:

The Giffs said...

Congrats on your first post! Sorry to hear about your grandpa.

Belle said...

Condolances on your grandfather-I am so glad we have the gospel to give hope at such times!

Candace said...

Sorry again about your grandpa....but boy that was kind of a sweet little hummer....also your map kind of reminds me of ticket to ride- maybe we could make a new play board out of it :)