Our first stop of the day was Mia's wellness checkup with our new pediatrician. It was awesome! The doctor spent a full HOUR with us! Mia is still only 22 pounds, but he said it looks like it's just genetics and he wasn't concerned. :)
Our second exciting birthday activity was to play at the park and frost cupcakes with friends. We've already made some great friends in our ward's play group and they were so nice to come celebrate Mia's birthday!



Later in the day we made Mia's birthday cake. She enjoyed the batter:


This year she was definitely more interested in attacking the wrapping paper because she understood that there were presents inside.

We sure love our Mia!
12 comments:
Happy Birthday Mia!! She is totally cute! I can't believe she's only 22 pounds though; Kaiya was 23 pounds at her 15 month check up! At least that makes it easier for you to carry her around:) It looks like you guys had a good time for Mia's party day!
Yay! Happy birthday to my favorite niece. We tried to get Makayla to make you a pretty card, but that didn't work out. At least she didn't eat the crayon. A present is coming soon we promise.
oh, she's tiny! good thing Brody's almost a year younger and is bigger than her!! miss you guys! Hope all is well. Ryan's not in the Stake Presidency over there too is he??
Happy Birthday Mia!! She is so cute and so very smart!! We miss you guys but it looks like life is going well for you all!
I just showed jack the video of mia...and he started freaking out..."MI...MI MI!" Poor guy already misses her. haha. Those are cute pics though! Good work...thanks again for the great weekend!!!
Tina
Wow, she is so articulate, I didn't even need to hear you translate it. I am excited to show Hailey the video tomorrow, she will love it! I am glad that you have already made good friends out there, I was sad that we couldn't be there with you to celebrate!
Happy #2, Mia! That's crazy it was 2 years ago the boys started the MBA program together and their group went to see you and Mia in the hospital! Hope it was a great day for her!
We have updated Ethan on Mia's age- he now says that Mia is 2, but it took a lot of convincing and the video on your blog to make the switch from 1 to 2...we missed you at the farms- I don't think anyone can fully appreciate the fun like you would...we seriously had the funniest game of Apples to Apples with your Haws grandparents (funny in an Office sort of way)
Woo Hoo for Mia! She is so cute! It looks like you guys had a great time.
Happy birthday!
Happy Belated Birthday. Don't you love play group? I am glad you have found some friends. Moving can be so hard especially when it's to the opposite side of the states. I hope you guys are doing well. I love Mia's video by the way. So cute!!!
Wow, she looks so different! Kids are so amazing. Happy birthday Mia, and good job mom!
Post a Comment