Wednesday, February 10, 2010

BURIED!

We are getting buried alive out here! It is unbelievable. I was walking in snow up to my WAIST this afternoon.

It all started last weekend. I think Mother Nature overhead that the Paces were going to move, and she decided to rain on our parade - well snow on it. We had it all scheduled, booked, and planned for Saturday morning. Well, the forecasters kept saying that we were going to have a monster snow storm starting on Friday evening resulting in several feet of snow. Soooo, we got our poop in a group and moved it all on Friday as fast as humanly possible. The first flakes started to fall just as we pulled the door down on the back of the moving truck. And the next morning we woke up to this:





Being snowed in last weekend had its benefits, we got all the boxes unpacked. But, imagine our surprise when we heard that ANOTHER big storm was headed our way - the last snow hadn't even started melting. So, yesterday I braved the crazy grocery stores and even hunted for a snow shovel (didn't find one, there aren't any in the entire town). It started snowing Tuesday night around 6 and it is now Wednesday 9:30 - and it is STILL snowing. Hence the waist deep snow.

Let's see some snow!



View from our front door:



The back deck (early in the afternoon before the serious snow):



A bench in the park across the street:



The snow on top of the trash can back there was as of 5pm - it's been snowing for another almost 5 hours.





Piles of snow in the street in front of us:



Mia's had enough, she's walking home.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

CRAZY!! Can we be "snowed in" for a day without the cold snow? Sometimes I miss the snow but usually not for very long. Hahaha. I'm glad you got all moved in. Can't wait to see you!

Becky J. said...

Whoa, those pictures are beautiful! I'm sure you're not thinking they're too pretty anymore, but they were honestly gorgeous. Glad you got moved in time! Did you buy a home?

Oh, and all the snow the midwest and east coast are getting right now makes me say "Global warming, Shmobal warming!"

Pacers said...

No, we didn't buy a home - just upgraded from a 2 bedroom to a 3. :)

Harrison's said...

Holy moly that's a lot of snow!! Glad you guys are surviving and got moved. Take care.

Tricia said...

WOW! Those are great pictures and I'm sure memories you won't soon forget! Glad to hear all went well enough with the move. Good luck finding a snow shovel :)

The Giffs said...

And I'm finally grateful I live in Vegas!