So the first site that we had to see was the famous Liberty Bell. I have to say, it was pretty awesome to see this piece of history in person. Mia really enjoyed the bell, and she still points it out on stamps all the time.


Mia thought it would be fun to flash people in Philly. I kept telling her to put her shirt down until I realized the attention was only making the flashing more exhilarating....

For lunch we finally had our first Philly Cheese steak sandwiches at the Reading Terminal Market. (Locals laugh if you pronounce it "reeding" it's "red-ing"). Mia enjoyed eating the free pickles.
Another great site we visited was Independence Hall. I know that you all know this, but I'm still learning my US History :) - Independence Hall is where both the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were signed. Mia found it so overwhelming that she crashed in Grandma's arms...


Here's an outside view of Independence Hall:
4 comments:
I want to come and visit too!! I love that you have family that came to visit and then you got pics of all 3 of you! I noticed that Mia is wearing the clips from Hailey, oh how we miss you!
That is one positive thing about the East Coast... all the US history! Reminds me of National Treasure-- one of my favorite movies.
what fun pics!!! mia is so stinkin cute...steph you are lookin good. Ok philly cheesesteak sandwiches sound sooo good right now!! I STILL want to go to downtown philly...someday we'll make it. Is it like Boston, where a day just isn't enough? I'm crossin my fingers that you guys might want to go again! :) we'll see i guess! maybe i'll just make justin drive me by and i'll hop out of the car and take some pics...haha. can't wait to see you guys again!! glad you had fun with ry's parents!!
tina
How fun. That looks really cool. By the way, I love your new blog background (of course I loved your old one too).
Post a Comment