These little signs are always funny -

You can't really tell from this angle, but Mia is sitting on one of those gigantic pumpkins - aren't they amazing!

This orchard had a "kid sized" hay maze. I was really impressed with Mia's sense of direction. I had her walk all the way to the back, and she made it out on her first try! She definitely gets that from her Dad!!!

Feeding the goats is always a hit with her:

When we got out to the orchard, Mia wanted to eat all of the apples. It took a while for me to convince her not to eat the hundreds of apples on the ground. Once she got that part she just followed us around from tree to tree snacking.

My favorite part of the expedition was watching my Mother-in-law, Nancy, climbing the trees to get the good apples on the top. :) Classic.

Thanks for going with us Grandpa & Grandma!

Another interesting place we visited was the Hopewell Furnace; it is a national historic site.
Mia had fun sitting on the cannon.

Grandpa thought the outhouse was cool, apparently Mia didn't agree.

Here's Grandma standing in front of one of the really old houses. It was amazing to see these places - they are so old! They have that warped glass in the windows, the ceilings were about 6 feet high, the doorways were really narrow, and the woodwork on the door handles and stuff was so awesome. It's incredible that all these old buildings from the 1800s are still standing.

The countryside around here is impressive. It is really gorgeous right now with all the autumn colors on the trees. It's beautiful!

The furnace is no longer operating, but this water wheel is still turning and blowing air into these bucket things. We were able to watch some videos about how the furnace operated. It was impressive to see all the ingenuity and hard work that went into making steel.

Mia was terrified by the sound of the water wheel - so we had to leave pretty quick.
3 comments:
I wanna come. I wanna come. All the pics are gorgeous.
I'd love to see my mother in law climb a tree!!! That made me laugh so hard when I read it. How are you feeling? My mom asked me today if I knew you were pregnant and of course I said yes. She says congrats!
That's so neat you're able to go visit so many historical sites and do things! Saki would really love to live back east for awhile. I'm looking forward to the fair out here this winter-we would always go to Puyallup fair in WA when I grew up :)
Post a Comment