Thursday, March 6, 2008

A Homage to my Heritage

I could try to explain all of this, but I won't. Simply put: this is my Dad with Gramps and Grams having a Haws family Jam Session. Life is sweet.



Well, maybe I will explain just a little bit. My brother and sister-in-law blessed their new baby this past weekend, so we had some family out for the happy event. By law whenever there is more than one Haws clan in the same room it automatically follows that there must be a Haws Family Jam Session.

For me, the song recorded above is the most classic of classic Haws Family Jam Session songs: "Alla en rancho grande".

I'll have you know that I was given that very accordion as a family heirloom and I can actually play one or two songs on it. Someday I hope to be able to Jam like Grams.

6 comments:

Berrett's said...

ok does mia know what she has gotten herself into??? ha ha...that was Awesome!! I remember you telling us about these jam sessions. he he. Glad we are able to actually see one!

Candace said...

I love it! How could you not?!

Belle said...

family traditions are fun! I still fondly remember the thanksgiving I spent with your family in Idaho. . . I laughed when I read your post about trying to make dinner, those stories are so fun in retrospect--if only we could laugh more often at the time they happened!

Chelsea said...

Love the Haws family Jam sessions. And, your poor dinner experience sounds like my nightly dinner experiences, but I have no Mia. I am the one dropping glass salsa bottles and handfuls of flour everywhere. Imagine how much worse it will get when I have the equivalent of Mia running around.

Kelli said...

When does ryan get tot join the band. I think he could play the juice harp.

Candace said...

I swear that every time Ethan sees me at the computer these days we have to watch "the mia" atleast twice to avoid a major tantrum.... he loves this video and most times we go back and find the one of Mia teasing him!