Thursday, March 27, 2008

Egg Huntin'

This is probably one of the silliest confessions I've ever made, but I couldn't sleep the night before Mia's first Easter Egg Hunt! I know, that sounds utterly ridiculous - but I was so excited to see her collect little eggs and put them in her basket. I kept dreaming that we were late for the egg hunt, but it turned out that the newspaper published the wrong time anyway - so we were a full hour early!

Out of sheer boredom the week before we actually had a practice session at home. Hee hee hee, yes I hid a few Easter Eggs around her room - each with a single m&m inside. She was pretty enthused about just collecting and hunting down the eggs themselves, but you should have seen her face when she realized that there was NANDY inside! Wow. She wanted to play egg hunt over and over and over again. Of course, the second, third, and fourth times weren't quite as exciting because there was no Nandy.

Well Mia was definitely excited about the egg huntin - unfortunately she was a little tooo excited - she didn't want to wait 15 minutes for the party to start!!!



Once the party got started, Mia perked up a little despite the tears and snot running down her face! She picked up her first egg and sat there shaking it telling Ryan "nandy, nandy, nandy". Hahaha, one egg was enough for her! She just wanted that candy!










Look at that scowl - just give me that NANDY she says. And here she is with her heart's desire - an entire chocolate bar all to herself!

1 comment:

Patrick and Crystal said...

I LOVE that Mia has pigtails now!! It's too cute. And I'm glad that despite the meltdown Mia had a good Easter. I can't wait until Kai is excited to hunt eggs... not so excited for the part where she wants the candy.