Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring has Sprung!

Spring has sprung and we've celebrated Calvin's two year birthday. I love that his birthday comes with spring, flowers, leaves, and Easter. So many happy things at once.

Calvin is my favorite little guy in the world. He really does melt his Mom's heart. Here are a few things I love about him:

He gives really great kisses and hugs - every night he puckers up and goes around to Mia, Dad, & Mom for good night hugs and kisses.
He loves to cuddle, he'll snuggle up next to me on the couch and smile.
He has gorgeous brown eyes.
He sings this cute little song "Chocolate Dooooo-nut".
He loves to eat - and he appreciates my cooking :)
He ADORES his big sister and literally does everything she does. (right down to taking bites of the same food at meal times)
He calls the electronic keyboard the "yellow form" (I have NO IDEA where he got that), and he regularly turns it on and starts dance parties.
He's a great little singer.
He is pretty good and listening to me and following directions - I think Mia has set a good example in this area.
He is obsessed with books - especially look and find books, and this new book of animal pictures I gave him for his birthday. He would do this all day long.

I better stop - here are some pictures of the boy already.










Dad, of course, gave Calvin a new golf club for his birthday. He is being groomed and conditioned at an early age to be his Dad's golf partner. So far it's working quite well.





A friend in our ward gave me a Blue's Clues cake pan. It turned out great - and Calvin loves Blue's Clue.




However.....chocolate cake with chocolate frosting sort of defeated the purpose of the shaped cake. Ryan said I should have used colored frosting....why didn't I think of that sooner? I guess I was just really excited about all that chocolate.


I was trying to upload a few funny videos, but it's not working very well. Here's the only one I got.







Finally Spring has Sprung! It is SOOO nice to see some green around here again. It makes me remember how beautiful this place is. We've been enjoying some great weather the last two days. And I have been ooohing and aaaahing over all of the flowers.






This is the street just down from our place - we walk along it to the park.




Gotta love the daffodils, and the cute kids wearing summer shorts again.




No, that's not my house - but wouldn't it be awesome if it was? It's actually an apartment building. :)




There is a pond across the street and Calvin has been delighted beyond measure to find lots of these guys hanging around. We like to poke them (gently) with sticks to see them hop into the water.




This is the walkway by the pond. So gorgeous.








3 comments:

Lisa Lou said...

happy birthday calvin! he is so cute. you're little kids are so funny.

The Giffs said...

Happy Belated Birthday Calvin! He's adorable! I hope I get to see him again before he's 5! Your pictures are beautiful, and not just because of what your photographing... you have got talent... have you taken any photography classes? Looking at those gorgeous green walkways and wildlife makes me so jealous since I can't even walk outside without dying over from the heat!

Belle said...

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII! Love to your family! They're looking old :) I love watching kids grow up :) So fun to see them grow and develop!