On Saturday we went to a local farm that does a fun hayride and pumpkin patch activity:
Right about the time we got out to the patch is when the rain started, at first it was just sprinkling....and then it was pouring!
We've also been to a local orchard recently - mostly to play. Last year we picked apples with Ryan's parents, but this year it was too late for any good apples (plus, I found that you can get them cheaper in the stores! So picking them is mostly for the experience.) We had a good time, I especially enjoyed Mia's panic attack on top of a rickety slide that ended with Ryan helping her down....heehee
We also had to make a trip out to Longwood Gardens. This place is amazing! We love it! They were having a fall event with giant pumpkin carving. Unfortunately, it was pouring rain that day - so everything was moved inside. But, it was still pretty amazing! Here's a look:
The kids posing in the children's garden:
Here we are standing in front of the winner of the giant pumpkin contest. This beauty tipped the scales at an amazing 1400 lbs!!!
And I just had to throw this pic in for fun. This is my cute little guy!!
Happy Halloween! We'll post pictures of all that fun later.
4 comments:
ok he is soooo stinking cute!!!! And that garden place loooks like TONS of fun!!! all the fun pumpkin carvings...wow. We need to get together again soon. :)
tina
Super super cute Steph. I love those amazing pumpkins! But your kids are even more fun to look at.
What fun! Super cute kiddos and you look great!
You have such a cute family! Looks like you guys are enjoying fall. I love the Mia peeking thru the scarecrow pic.
Post a Comment