Sunday, April 19, 2009

Oh Baby!

Well, our little guy has arrived! Calvin David Pace was ten days ahead of the doctors' schedule, but right on time for mine!!! He made his debut on earth last Tuesday, April 14, at 6:40pm. (Ryan feels like the luckiest Father around, because both of our kids were born during normal daytime hours.) I like to call him our little slurpee baby - he weighed in at 7/11 - a good pound bigger than Mia.

I have to say, I'm totally in love with our little guy. He's so darn cute. I forgot how funny newborns are - they make the greatest faces. Here are a few pics of our new addition:






Our first family photo: (hospital gowns make you feel like such an invalid...)


Coming home: (he fills out his car seat pretty well)


I had to include this one because this "mad face" looks EXACTLY like Mia's mad face.


This is my favorite photo so far. He's just adorable. :)

21 comments:

Darcy said...

CONGRATS!!! He is adorable for sure. I hope your mom gets to come and help you out!

Michelle said...

Oh he is a cutie!! I love that he was born in the day and you call him your slurpee baby, too cute! I have been wondering about you! Hope that all went well with the labor and things, what a wonderful family you have! What does Mia say about him?

Joseph Jensen said...

Congrats! Glad to see that everything went well.

Brenna said...

Congratulations! He's so cute. And how nice that he came early for you.

Becky J. said...

Congratulations! He is adorable and I love the name! I'm so glad that he came earlier for you and that you're all doing well.

The Zwahlens said...

Congrats! We're so excited to meet him!

Berrett's said...

haha i LOVE that mad face...hehe. Congrats again...you look great...hospital gown and all! :)
Can't wait to see you guys again!

tina

Caralee said...

You are absolutely right, he is SO adorable! Congratulations! When my mom told me his name, I got a little teary. I am so glad your little Calvin is here safely. You sure are a gorgeous family of 4!

The Giffs said...

Hoorah! What a cutie. I love that he already makes faces like Mia. I can't wait to see more pictures.

Candace said...

way way tooo cute! we are so sad that we don't get to see him in person just yet- I think other than Wil he's the first niece/nephew we haven't seen within a few hours of being born, but it looks like you guys are doing great!

Annette and Scott said...

Congratulations everyone!! He is dang cute!! (takes after his mom!!)
Hope you are all doing well!! Can't be the blessing of coming early & everything being okay!!!

Erica Allen said...

He's beautiful! You're beautiful! It's all beautiful! I bet you can breathe easier with your stomach back to yourself! I'm so happy for you guys. I love having two kids, it's just more fun. :)I remember Blake looking that tiny in his car seat - just watch they grow so fast!!

cb said...

What a cute little guy. Congrats to you and your little slurpee baby!

Kara said...

Sooo cute! All of you! I loved the pictures of the pregnant belly, too! Congratulations on a healthy, beautiful baby boy. It is so much fun having two kids! Does Mia act like a little mommy for him yet? It will be so fun for you to see the two of them interact.

Patrick and Crystal said...

He's so cute! Congratulations!! And where's the birth story??

Melissa said...

So glad everything went well. I love his name. Congrats

Nicki said...

Well done Paces'! He is so handsome. Man those Haws genes are strong! (good thing they are cute ones) Two is definitely a non-stop party! Isn't it amazing how all of a sudden Mia looks HUGE to you? Thats how it was with Chloe at least. When she came to the hospital after I had Colette is was almost scary how big and old she seemed. Congrats you guys!

Belle said...

How exciting! You both look lovely! Who did you name him after?

Genny said...

Oh Stephanie, he is adorable. Little boys are the best. Congratulations. I hope everything went well.

Jesse said...

Wow. He is just perfect Stephanie. A big congratulations to your family!

Debbie said...

Wow! I haven't checked your blog in a while and now you have a new baby! Congratulations!! He is super cute. How fun for you. I hope by now you're getting a little sleep at night :)